Friday, September 28, 2012

Going into week #6

Things are starting to pick up! The units/modules project is coming to a close and the next project already has many ideas rolling around in my head.
The spools have been coming along nicely. I still haven't gotten the hang of closing the spouts up, but I've been able to make the hole much smaller so hopefully it will be less visible. As of today, I have 52 spools--I would like to make as close to 100 as I can, although I probably won't have all of them displayed in the installation.

Throwing on the wheel, on the other hand, has not been so successful. It has been so much more difficult than I had expected, but I'm willing to stick with the challenge. I was able to make a form for the first time this week--one that did not fly off the wheel or get crushed by my hands. I need much much much more practice!


No comments:

Post a Comment