Sunday, September 9, 2012

A change in direction.

After some experiments with my previous idea of the verb "to catch" I decided to take a different approach. The clay did not splatter as I was hoping, but rather just came off in chunks--most of it falling to the ground rather than sticking to my skin or clothes.

When I washed off the clay from my hands and legs, I was interested in how the clay came off as well as the way the water interacted with the clay on my skin. All this led me to a different verb, to cleanse. 


The initial color was alot shinier than I expected, so I decided to play around with different levels of dryness and I loved how the clay dried and started to crack. For my final pictures I want to have the clay almost completely dry and starting to crumble off.
Instead of using a hose for the second experiment, I used a bowl full of water which did not work as well as I thought it would. Either the clay wasn't dry enough or it was just too thick to be washed off with water. I'm going to try this again, but let the clay dry all the way until it starts to flake off and then start to wash it off. 






No comments:

Post a Comment