Monday, March 18, 2013

5 Weeks to go.

Crazy. It feels like school just started, right? Spring break begins next week, and with wet ware cut off date right around the corner, I'm started to feel the pressure!

I've been working on two projects for the past couple of weeks. One, our final project-Texture. And two, miniature tea sets. During my first semester I had thrown a small vessel (actually, it was the first thing I ever made on the wheel) and done texture on the outside using a loop tool. I began to think of ways to incorporate texture onto a utilitarian piece of stoneware and I came back to this idea.

I plan on making a set of mugs as well as a set of bowls with the same texture and style. The mug above is my test run of my design.

In addition to mug-making, I've been busy with tiny teacups. Growing up, I had always wanted my own tea set that I could actually use as well as having one that was "my size." I am going to make 5 different sets for my nieces, complete with cream dishes, plates, and teapots.

No comments:

Post a Comment